Location: 1079 Mainland St, Vancouver
Telephone: 604 602 0835
- THE SATAY PLATTER: A giant platter filled with one of each of Glowbal's signature satays including: Garlic Jumbo Prawn, 7 Spice Ahi Tuna, Braised Beef Short Rib, Grilled BC Salmon, Mushroom Tempura, Kobe Beef Meatball, Diver Scallops, Rosemary Lamb Chops, Louisiana Fried Oyster & Ginger Brushed Chicken. They are served with Asian slaw, spiced pappadam and a trio of dipping sauces: ginger soya sauce, smoked chipotle mustard with fresh thyme & sun-dried tomato aioli.
- KOBE MEATBALLS & SPAGHETTI: The Glowbal Signature dish and according to the hostess, the most asked for dish on the menu. 4 giant, rich meatballs served in a spicy tomato basil sauce with garlic confit and fresh parmesan cheese.
- BRAISED SHORT RIBS WITH LINGUINE: The staff favorite according to two waiters and one of the cooks. This explosion of flavour is served with woodland mushrooms, toasted pine nuts and a light café au lait sauce.
- CHICKEN PARMIGIANINO: The Daily Special but no less impressive. A massive breaded Chicken Breast friend golden and served with a fresh Tomato Basil Linguine.
- PAELLA RISOTTO: A twist on the Spanish Classic, this seafood staple comes with mussels, clams, chorizo, calamari, prawns and it's all mixed together with a saffron cream.
This was a fantastic meal, all of the dishes were extremely tasty and worth a repeat order, I should know, I tried a bite of all of them. Personally I ordered the Meatballs & Spaghetti and I wasn't disappointed, it was truly delectable, light yet filling and spiced perfectly. Paige, a co-worker had the short ribs and said "I was sad when it was over, I didn't want it to end" while Alia commented on the Chicken Parm, "wow, that was good". You can't get much better than that.
GLOWBAL will definitely be a place for me to revisit in the future. It's a small room, with a great vibe and the food that I tried this time around was great all around. I look forward to trying something different next time.
RATING: 8/10 FULL BELLIES